Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday: Day 1 of Lent.

So I'm blogging now. Great!

Today is the first day of Lent for 2011. Lent is all about fasting and sacrificing something you always do or love for the Lord for 40 days. Usually for Lent I would give up something like fast food, soda, alcohol or rice. But lately I haven't been eating all of that so if I gave those things up again it isn't really a sacrifice. So last night, I was thinking about what to give up this year. I decided to give up Facebook and Twitter since I use those sites like crazy everyday! To get ready for this I had to take facebook off of my Safari tab, I quit the twitter app on my Mac and I deleted my facebook and twitter iPhone apps off my phone. Then I went to church to get the ash. Funny story about mass, the priest had a traditional Filipino accent. He said "I'd like to invite everyone to receive the ass after I bless the asses." I think he was trying to say ash. haha! I was so ready to post that on facebook and twitter but I couldn't because I gave it up.

I'm not gonna lie it's been really tempting to check out my facebook and twitter for updates. I feel like a junkie feeling for another hit. It's been about 6 hours since I last checked it and I feel so disconnected with the world already! My laptop and iPhone 4 feel so useless now. So this is why I'm starting to blog. I'm channeling all the energy I had for facebook and twitter into blogging. I'm gonna try to post a blog for each day of Lent. It's gonna be a long and hard sacrifice but I'm doing it for God. Wish me luck!

By the way, how am I supposed to let every know about this blog without FB and Twitter? Damn. Ya got me!

You Know What It Is,
I am Gino B.

No comments:

Post a Comment